Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall is in the air!

I love fall.
Or at least the concept of fall. The leaves changing, the cooler weather, the fashion, the food!!
But to be realistic, I live in Ohio...
Oh the leaves change...

The weather goes from 90 to 40 over night, the fashion is a pair of torn up wal-mart sweats and a hoodie (for most people... seriously, go outside and look around.. you MIGHT see a pair of jeans..) I don't get to wear those cute heeled boots with the toe cut out... It snows here.. ALOT. And I don't want frostbite to catch hold of my piggies!

But the food... Now I can hate Ohio as much as the next guy, but this is my home, and my family is here. And good lord, can my family cook some food.

So I'm excited for thanksgiving.

But I'm still waiting on Halloween to get here.
I've decided on cupcakes for the festival that I'll be doing! And none of them are the choices I gave two weeks ago, haha. I've decided to do more basic flavors, something that everyone will eat.

So, the reason I blog today?
I've decided to give you a great recipe for a cupcake (or even eat it as a muffin). It's one of my favorites right now, and it's my own write up. If you try them, please let me know what you think!

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes


Ingredients:


1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1 stick butter -- softened. (I use the plain old salted stuff)
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 Cup milk
1/2 Cup Pecans (chopped or chipped, whatever you prefer)
1 cup Pumpkin Puree. ( I use about 3/4 of a 15 oz can. You of course, can use fresh)


**NOTE:: I STRONGLY suggest to use the aluminum muffin tins for these. They have a tendency to stick to the paper ones a bit.

Directions:


Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside

On MEDIUM speed: Beat butter until creamy (about a minute) add vanilla.

Gradually add sugar to the butter and vanilla.
Beat until fluffy (about a minute and a half)

Beat in the eggs, One at a time.

Slowly add your dry mixture, alternating with milk, in four parts.

Soo: dry mix, milk, dry mix, milk, dry mix, milk, dry mix.

Beat about 2 mins

Once batter is smooth, FOLD IN in the pumpkin and pecans.

Spoon into muffin tins, 2/3 of the way full. (make sure NOT to over fill them! They will make your pans sticky!)

Bake about 18 mins or until golden brown and springs back when lightly touched. (Or the old fashioned clean toothpick way)

It is VERY IMPORTANT to FULLY cool these cupcakes if you plan on icing them. Let them cool 10-15 mins then pop in the fridge for about 2 hours.

You can find a great buttercream frosting Here. I added about 2 tsp cinnamon to this frosting.

Please let me know what you think if you try them!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment