Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving is over :[

Well it's that time of year again... That dreaded time of year...
Christmas.


I don't hate Christmas, I would just prefer it to be less stressful. I'm not quite sure why it stresses me out so much, I think it's because I have a million things to do that day, and not enough hours in the day. I have an immense amount of family that i go to see. Mom's side, dad's side, Jeremy's side and I always feel horrible because I haven't gotten anyone anything..
Oh the joy of the season.. The joy of being broke!


This year, however, i have decided to do something for everyone! Selling my cupcakes has made me a little extra cash than I normally don't have so I have enough to do something! and by something I mean bake...
Bake like the wind, bullseye!
(I don't think that's how it goes, but it sounded good :])


So this year, the family that I see can expect delicious treats! Cookies, mini cupcakes, cookie bars, all sorts of goodies, because lets be honest... What's Christmas without adding on a few extra pounds of sugar?


Moving on with the Christmas theme of this blog, has anyone else noticed that they start putting Christmas stuff up in the stores entirely too early? I mean, the little girl inside of me get's unnaturally excited at the scene of Christmas lights covering houses, but seriously?


Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know I did. I also had a great black friday! Still didn't get my stand mixer though.. I'm a little put off about that...
Soo... Christmas gift for Amanda?
Stand mixer.


I don't need a kitchenaid or some other expensive one, just something better than my hand mixer that I've burnt out from making frosting three times a week (at least.)
Oh, and i've also decided that if I can figure out a way to do it, I'm going to go into business making frosting. Why, you ask?
Because my frosting is pretty much the bomb.


Done bragging..


I apologize for my lack of recipes on this post, I decided to put a little update, and realized I have no recipe to add with it. Nothing new that I've tried. :[


BUT! I have a suggestion...


If anyone ever needs butterscotch flavoring for anything (I've discovered that it really kicks up the flavor of a yellow cake) use butterscotch OIL.
I've found it for about three bucks at hobby lobby. It's fantastic and really makes cake mixes just that much cooler, but you only need to use a drop or two or else it will be over powering.


Another tip!!
Play around with caramel and heavy cream! Go to the store, get a bag of caramel (the little squares that are wrapped in plastic.. make sure you unwrap all of them!) or caramel bits (you can find them in the baking aisles).. Add a couple tablespoons of cream to some caramels and melt it in the microwave, stirring frequently. It's a really good way to make caramel topping for ice cream or to drizzle it over top home made chocolates or peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (Ill post the recipe for those eventually). And it's super easy to change the consistency to whatever you need it to be.


Hopefully everyone got nice and fat from turkey!!! Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Ah!! I've been asking Tim to get me a stand mixer for awhile :) I really hope it happens for both of us this year!! (And I agree, not the overtly expensive kind)

    -- Colleen

    ReplyDelete